Clear Extruded (or Clear Horticultural) Acrylic offers all the strength and longevity of an Acrylic Sheet at a budget price. It is a lightweight product which is 10 times stronger than standard Annealed Glass and has an extensive outdoor life.
The difference between Clear Extruded Acrylic and Clear Cast Acrylic, lies in the manufacturing process. Extruded Acrylic is made by continuously feeding the acrylic through a form to give a production line product; whereas Cast Acrylic is made by the Acrylic Resins being mixed in a mould.
The main key features of using Clear Extruded Acrylic include:
- 10 times stronger than Annealed Glass.
- U.V. Stabilised – therefore suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Strong, yet lighter than Cast Acrylic.
- Easily drilled, cut and bent.
- Minimum of 12 years outdoor life.
- Light transmission rating of 92%.
- Available in 1.5mm or 3.0mm.
Due to the longevity of the product, Extruded Acrylic is a popular choice for replacement greenhouse panels and secondary glazing to help prevent against the mild chills during Winter months. The sheets are ideal for application where a strong yet lightweight material is required, which means they have many uses such as:
- Secondary Glazing
- Replacement Greenhouse panels – especially ideal for the curved panels on ‘Florada’ type greenhouses and lean-tos.
- Shed Windows
- Small Conservatories
- Cold Frames
- And many more.
Here at TW Plastics, we offer Clear Extruded Acrylic in two sizes 1.5mm and 3.0mm, both of which are available to be cut to size at request.
We can also provide a ‘Working With Plastics’ data sheet we offers you all the information on how to Cut, Saw and Drill the product, to suit your requirements.