Plastic sheets for greenhouses and gardens have been a mainstay of our product range for many years.
Chief amongst these are our greenhouse glazing products. Ideal for breathing new life into an old greenhouse, all our outdoor glazing products are strong, economical and long-lasting.
Our most popular garden plastic sheeting products are:
- Clear Semi-Rigid PVC – a cheap and flexible glazing, supplied “off the roll”, this is ideal for greenhouses and all garden work. Lasting up to five years (or longer in sheltered conditions) this horticultural grade product offers high light transmission, but not perfect clarity. Simply cut to size with scissors, these sheets are easy to fit with battens pinned over and through the sheeting around the edges.
- Clear Horticultural Acrylic – a clear acrylic sheet; this is an excellent choice if you’re looking for quality greenhouse glazing. Key advantages of this plastic sheeting product are:
- Superb clarity
- Ten times the impact strength of glass
- Minimum 12 years of outdoor life before replacement is required.
- Very easily cut, sawn and drilled.
- Clear Rigid PVC – this 3mm thick, clear, tough, outdoor quality sheet provides a professional effect to any greenhouse, extension, carport or other outdoor structure.
- More attractive than corrugated PVC
- Much lighter and stronger than Georgian wired glass
- Fire rated Class 1 – self extinguishing
- A ten year manufacturer guarantee against discolouration
- Clear 4mm Twinwall – this is a substantial and UV-stabilised garden plastic sheeting product, offering even greater strength and longer life. Ideal for greenhouses, sheds, and small domestic structures.
The Plastic Advantage
Why are plastic sheets for greenhouses so much better than traditional glass panels? Here’s why:
- Plastic greenhouse glazing is up to 200 times stronger than glass. Say goodbye to replacing shattered glass panels!
- Safer than glass. The virtually indestructible nature of our garden plastic sheeting products makes them much safer than glass in protecting against accidents, such as falls by young children, or elderly people.
- Twinwall polycarbonate sheets offer better insulation than glass, reducing greenhouse heating bills.
Read more advantages in the Telegraph and see why plastic sheets are the best choice for greenhouse glazing: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/gardeningequipment/6537880/Greenhouses-why-polycarbonate-beats-glass.html